Redknee has surpassed the largest benchmark test results in the telecom industry to 250 million subscribers, while also reducing the database cost of ownership to less than one cent per subscriber. The performance benchmark, performed in 2011, sets a new standard for Tier 1 carrier-grade scalability, performance and exceeds the billing requirements for communications service providers (CSPs) that are looking to successfully monetize their investment in LTE 4G services.
Scalability is an increasingly important requirement for billing solutions measured by: the number of subscribers including M2M devices; wholesale support of increasing numbers of partners; and scalability in the number of transactions that must be processed. Redknee, with SQL Server 2012, Intel, NEC and X-IO delivers CSPs the ability to save with a reduced upfront database investment and substantially lower costs over the life of the system.
Exceptional Performance with Significant Hardware and Software Cost Reductions
Redknee’s TCB brings a high performance platform with significant cost reductions, including:
- Lower hardware costs: SQL Server 2012 runs on Intel Xeon processor-based server hardware, which can dramatically lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) for customers when compared with the largest competitor.
- Lower software costs: The list price of SQL Server 2012, including critical features such as high availability, disaster recovery, and data compression, is a third of the largest competitor’s licensing costs.
- Simpler systems management and lower staffing costs: SQL Server database administrators (DBAs) can typically manage four times as many physical databases as DBAs using competitors’ solutions, leading to an estimated 460 percent difference in annual cost of administration per database.
- Lower maintenance costs: SQL Server first-year maintenance costs are up to 77% less than those of the largest competitor.
- Lower storage costs: Storage costs can be dramatically reduced through SQL Server 2012 compression and X-IO Hyper ISE technology, which combines Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Hard Disk Drives (HDDs).
View Solution Brief
Read Stratecast Analyst Brief: New Business Models Are Today's Reality: Flexible and Adaptable Business Solutions Are a Critical Necessity